We will completely strip you iPhone into its component parts, including removing the screen to access the home button assembly. Each component will be cleaned with a special cleaning fluid that will disperse any water, salts or corrosion using a very soft anti-static brush. After drying out using a dehumidifier for 24hrs, your iPhone is reassembled ready for test.
We perform 30 functional tests to help identify components that require further cleaning or need replacing.
We have successfully repaired many water damaged iPhone. As a guide, an iPhone 4S that has been dropped down the toilet, will generally require a new LCD screen and home button. This will cost around £70-80. If the phone has just got wet in a bag and has not been fully submersed then the cost will be £45.
A few things you can do to help us repair your phone.
1. Turn your iPhone off as soon as possible.
2. DO NOT put your phone on charge
3. DO NOT turn your phone on.
4. DO NOT attempt to dry your iPhone with a hairdryer. The heat is too harsh and can cause damage to the LCD screen and sensitive electronics.
5. Put your phone somewhere dry and warm if you can’t get to us straight away. In an airing cupboard or infront of the dehumidifier.
iPhone 4 & 4S – Water damage cleaning and assessment – £40
iPhone 4 & 4S – Water damage cleaning and assessment including new battery – £50
iPhone 4 & 4S – Water damage cleaning and assessment including new LCD screen & battery – £80
iPhone 3GS – Water damage cleaning and assessment – £30
iPhone 3GS – Water damage cleaning and assessment including new battery – £40
iPhone 3GS – Water damage cleaning and assessment including new LCD screen battery – £50